Thursday, June 12, 2008

Los Animales Cerca Mi Casa...


Finally we have got everything painted and the guardian toads installed. Makes me smile when I drive up...
Chicken the cat (and all the others) just love to play and this is their favorite play toy - a stick with a piece of metal and part of a bathing suit tie on it! I can amuse myself (I mean them) for hours twirling in a circle with the little cats chasing the stick like greyhounds! Great fun.


These guys have decided they live here. So I guess we are pseudo responsible for a tumble of kitties! They are really good friends or family...who knows?



This is another neighborhood animal at the bottom of the driveway. Sometimes it is "moo-fest" with all kinds of racket but today was just grass munching.

This is Princess (aka Holstein Junior). She survived her surgeries just fine. We survived her surgeries as well. She is really feral and Jeff got pretty scratched up trying to catch her. She was cleaning herself and I saw that she had a large open gash under her arm - not something a little kitty should have. I wanted it taken care of and since we'd never be able to catch her again we had her spayed as well. She lived in the shower for 7 long nights and hissed at us, meowed, and recovered. Getting her out of the shower was the hard part. We popped open the doors and she climbed INTO the medicine cabinet (she is very very small), then up on top of it. She wouldn't come for food, didn't run for her cat friend voices, it was difficult but she was finally freed! Now she hangs out in the yard but we still can't touch her.

1 comment:

Minerva said...

Oh, how nice to see Princess is recovering, Chicken Little seems to now feel like he owns the place, and all those other animals!
I miss my rascals, I have been away for 3 weeks now, but the friend who cares for them says they are all well and happy. I wonder if the two young ones will even remember me...